Are you wondering how to get bird poop off a car? Don’t worry we are here with simple tips to get bird poop off your car easily. Not only is bird poop unsightly, but it can also cause damage to your car’s paint. The acidity in bird droppings can etch the paint, leading to permanent damage. To avoid this, removing bird poop from your car is important. We have covered many simple ways to wash bird poop off your vehicle.
Once my owl pooped on my ford and I didn’t give any thought about it and later it was so hard to remove the poop from the car.
“Bird droppings, or feces, are a common cause of car paint damage. The high levels of uric acid in bird droppings, which have a pH between 3 and 5, can be corrosive and quickly damage your vehicle’s exterior. Dried bird poop can weaken the clearcoat and even bleach the paint if left for too long. To prevent this damage, cleaning bird poop off your car promptly is important. Here are some tips for effectively removing bird droppings from your vehicle:
How Can Bird Poop Damage A Car’s Paint?
Bird droppings can damage car paint because they contain acid, which can etch into the paint and cause permanent damage. The acidity of bird droppings can range from pH 3 to pH 5, which is strong enough to eat through the clearcoat and paint on a car.
When bird droppings are left on a car for an extended period of time, they can cause discoloration, fading, or peeling of the paint. In some cases, the damage can be severe enough to require a repaint of the affected area.
To prevent this type of damage, removing bird droppings from your car as soon as you notice them is important.
Get Bird Poop Off Car With A Soaked Microfiber Cloth
“If you need to clean old, dry bird poop off your car, you can start by soaking a microfiber cloth in a vehicle-safe cleaning solution. You can ask your local auto body shop for recommendations on what to use.
- Place the soaked cloth on the bird poop stain for about 15 minutes, then gently rub it away.
- If the stain is particularly stubborn, you may need to repeat this process.
- Once you’ve cleaned all the bird droppings off, you can use a clay bar or a small amount of polish to smooth out the paint and buff it to match the rest of the vehicle.”
How to Get Bird Poop Off of a Car with the Help of WD-40
“WD-40 claims that its spray can be used for 259 automotive purposes, including removing bird droppings from car paint.
- To use it for this purpose, spray a small amount of WD-40 on the affected area and let it sit for about 60 seconds.
- Then, rinse the bird droppings with a clean, soft cloth.”
How to Clean Bird Poop of a Car by Mixing Baking Soda And Water
“If you don’t have WD-40 on hand, you can use a solution of baking soda and hot water to clean bird poop off your car.
- Mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda with a quart of warm or hot water in a 32-ounce spray bottle.
- Shake the mixture and spray it on any dry bird poop stains.
- Allow it to soak for 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse it with a hose.
- For semi-fresh bird droppings, you can use a microfiber cloth and seltzer water to wipe them away.
The carbonation in the seltzer water helps break down the droppings’ acidity. Splash some seltzer water on the droppings, let them sit for a few minutes, and wipe them away in one swift motion.
It’s important to note that using carbonated cola or sugary sodas is not recommended, as they can leave a sticky residue and further damage your paint, wax, and rubber sealants.”
Use Bird Poop Car Wipes
If you want a convenient and effective way to remove dry bird droppings from your car, consider using specialty products like Drop Wipes. These wipes are made of biodegradable, ultra-soft bamboo and are soaked in an all-natural formula that neutralizes the uric acid in bird droppings.
When you find bird droppings on your car, tear open a wipe, wipe away the bird poop, and toss the wipe away.
These wipes can be a convenient and effective way to remove bird poop from your car without resorting to harsh chemicals.
NOTE: It’s worth noting that someone out there probably has the job of testing these bird poop car wipes, which may be a less-than-glamorous task.
How to Remove Bird Poop Off a Car Using Seltzer Water
“If you have a windshield covered in stubborn bird droppings that your wiper blades can’t remove, you may be able to use seltzer water or club soda to clean them off.
- Pour some of the liquid on the droppings.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Spray the area with water or turn on your windshield wipers.
PRO TIP: It’s important to note that you should not use cola to clean bird droppings off your car paint or windows, as it can be corrosive to automotive paint, wax, and rubber.”
Get Rid of Bird Poop on a Car Using Quick Detailer Spray
“One of the most convenient ways to remove bird poop from a car is to use a quick detailer spray and a soft microfiber towel.
Quick detailer sprays are affordable and can effectively remove bird droppings and bugs, water spots, fingerprints, grease, and other contaminants that may harm your car’s finish. A bottle of quick detailing spray can last for years when used sparingly. “
Use Laundry Detergent
“If you’ve had the misfortune of leaving your sunroof open or top down while birds were nearby, or if a flock of ducks has decided to fly over your car while you were grocery shopping, you may end up with bird droppings on your car seats, upholstery, or fabric convertible top. Here’s how to get bird poop off the car:
- Allow the droppings to dry. While this may seem counterintuitive, it’s easier to clean dry bird droppings than wet ones, which can smear and spread.
- Once the droppings are dry, use a plastic scraper, nail file, or fingernails (anything that won’t rip the fabric) to pick them off gently.
- A chalky residue or white stain may remain. To treat these stains, use a drop of unscented liquid laundry detergent and gently pat the area with a damp cloth.
- Rinse the cloth and slowly scrub until the stain and detergent are gone.
- Allow the area to air dry, away from bird flight paths.”
Seek Professional Help
If you don’t have the time or resources to clean bird poop off your car yourself, you can seek professional help. Here are a few options:
- Take your car to a car wash: Many car washes offer services that include cleaning bird droppings off your car. Drive your car through the wash, and the attendants will take care of it for you.
- Hire a mobile detailing service: Some companies offer mobile detailing services, which means they will come to your location to clean your car. You can search online for mobile detailing services in your area and request a quote for bird poop removal.
- Take your car to a professional detailing shop: Professional detailing shops offer a range of services, including removing bird droppings from your car. You can call a few shops in your area and ask about their rates for bird poop removal.
- Ask your dealership or mechanic: If you have a dealership or mechanic you trust, you can ask them to remove the bird droppings. They may have the necessary tools and expertise to do so effectively.
The Next Step After Removing Bird Poop Off A Car
After removing a dry bird poop from your car, there are a few steps you can take to help protect your car’s paint and maintain its appearance:
- Wash the area: Once you’ve removed the bird dropping, wash the area with a car-specific soap and water to remove any remaining dirt or debris.
- Clay bar the area: If the bird poop has left behind a chalky residue or white stain, you can use a clay bar to remove it. Clay bars are designed to remove contaminants from your car’s paint without scratching or damaging it. Simply follow the instructions on the clay bar packaging to use it properly.
- Apply a wax or sealant: After washing and clay baring the area, you can apply the best car wax or sealant to protect the paint and give your car a shiny finish. Follow the instructions on the wax or sealant packaging to apply it properly.
- Keep your car clean: Regularly washing and waxing your car with a power waxer will help to protect the paint and maintain its appearance. Make sure to remove bird droppings as soon as you notice them to prevent them from damaging the paint.
Key Summary Points
Here are five methods for removing bird droppings from your car:
- Use a microfiber cloth and a cleaning solution: Soak a microfiber cloth in a cleaning solution (such as a mixture of water and dish soap) and place it on the bird droppings for about 15 minutes. Then, gently rub the droppings away, repeating the process if necessary.
- Use a specialty product like Drop Wipes: These wipes are made of biodegradable bamboo and are soaked in an all-natural formula that neutralizes the acidity in bird droppings. Wipe away the droppings and throw the wipe away when you’re done.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and hot water: Mix 4 tablespoons of baking soda with a quart of hot water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on the droppings, allow it to sit for about 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with a hose.
- Use WD-40: Spray a small amount of WD-40 on the droppings, let them sit for about 60 seconds, and then wipe the droppings away with a clean, soft cloth.
- Use seltzer water or club soda: Pour some of the liquid on the droppings, wait a few minutes, spray the area with water or turn on your windshield wipers.
With this informative article I hope you know how to get bird poop off car and save its precious paint.