If you want to make simple mini cupcakes, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe collection has many cute and yummy treats that are easy to make. You’ll use a foolproof cupcake batter and yummy frosting to make them extra delicious.”
Mini cupcakes can be made in many flavours, like chocolate, vanilla, fruity, buttery, crunchy, or nutty. You can get creative and make them however you like. The best part is that each mini cupcake becomes a special little treat just for you.
You only need an easy-to-follow recipe, a mini muffin tin (also called a mini cupcake pan), and an hour to make a dozen mini cupcakes.
To ensure your mini cupcakes turn out perfectly, you must learn baking basics and how to keep them moist.
Now it’s time to explore some awesome mini cupcake ideas. You can make them from scratch or use a mix; there are options for kids and adults. And if you want to ensure they’re super moist, we’ve got you covered there too.
What are Mini cakes?
Mini cakes, also known as miniature cakes or petit fours, are small and individually-sized cakes that are often served on special occasions or as part of a dessert spread.
They are typically about 2-3 inches in diameter and can be made in various flavors and styles, such as chocolate, vanilla, lemon, or fruit-based.
Mini cakes can be decorated with frosting, glaze, fondant, or other toppings and can be served as a single serving or as part of a larger dessert display. They are a popular choice for weddings, baby showers, and other celebratory events.
Key Points You Will Find in The Article
- The article provides a recipe collection for making simple mini cupcakes that are cute and easy to make.
- Mini cupcakes can be made in various flavours like chocolate, vanilla, fruity, buttery, crunchy, or nutty.
- To make mini cupcakes, you need an easy-to-follow recipe, a mini muffin tin, and an hour to make a dozen mini cupcakes.
- To ensure the cupcakes turn out perfectly, it is essential to learn baking basics and how to keep them moist.
- The article includes 33 mini cupcake ideas with different flavours and toppings, such as mini vanilla, chocolate, Oreo, mojito, red velvet, lemon, and banana cupcakes.
- Some of the mini cupcakes are decorated with frosting and toppings, such as raspberry buttercream, caramel frosting, lemon curd, or a cherry.
- The article suggests using a mix or making the mini cupcakes from scratch and provides tips for ensuring they are moist and delicious.
How to Bake Mini Cupcakes? – Basic recipe
To bake mini cupcakes, you can follow these general steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients, alternating with milk until the batter is smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the mini cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can decorate the mini cupcakes as desired with frosting, sprinkles, or other toppings.
Here’s a table summarizing the key details:
|Type of Dish||Mini Cupcakes|
|Oven Temperature||350°F (175°C)|
|Baking Time||8-10 minutes|
|Yield||12-24 mini cupcakes|
Use this Conversion Chart for baking properly.
I won’t let you wait, lets get started, check out these yummy mini cupcakes types that you can choose from:
1. Mini Cupcakes
Check out this simple mini cupcake recipe with the perfect wet and dry ingredients balance.
You only need cake flour, milk, and sour cream to make the most moist mini cupcakes. Plus, the egg whites make them a lovely pale colour.
2. Moist Mini Vanilla Cupcakes
Here is another basic recipe for vanilla cupcakes, a treasure find. Made with simple ingredients, including buttercream, they turn moist and delicious.
Decorate them with mascarpone frosting or your favourite flavoured buttercream, and enjoy them for any occasion.
3. Mini vanilla Bean Cupcakes
If you’re a vanilla lover, you’ll want to try these mini vanilla bean cupcakes. They’re made with real vanilla bean seeds and sour cream, which gives them a super moist and yummy texture.
The best part is that you can make a batch of 24 mini cupcakes in just one hour.
4. Mini Mojito Cupcakes
These mini cupcakes are seriously amazing. They’re made with white rum for some extra flavour and filled with tangy lemon curd. And the best part?
They’re topped with super smooth white chocolate Swiss meringue buttercream. It’s the perfect trio of flavours and textures that you won’t be able to resist.
5. Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
Get ready to indulge in these adorable mini chocolate cupcakes that are so sweet and delicious.
These fabulous little cakes are made with chocoholics in mind and topped with a rich chocolate frosting made with sweetened condensed milk. Both kids and adults love this easy recipe.
6. Mini Cookies And Cream Cupcakes
You’re in for a real treat with these Oreo mini cupcakes. They’re made with a vanilla cupcake base mixed with crushed Oreos, and they have a fun surprise – a whole Oreo cookie at the bottom.
These mini treats are perfect for morning or afternoon tea or coffee.
7. Mini Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes
Take a delicious dive into over 100 years of Oreo history with these mini chocolate cupcakes.
They’re topped with a decadent Oreo buttercream; the secret to their moistness is a combination of oil and sour cream. You won’t be able to resist this easy and tempting recipe.
8. Mini Brown Butter Cherry Pie Cupcakes
Get ready for the most amazing little cupcakes you’ve ever tasted – the OMG cupcakes. They’re made with a delightful mix of brown butter, buttermilk, and almond extract.
And the best part? They’re topped with a super tasty vanilla bean Swiss meringue buttercream and a cute cherry. You won’t be able to resist this irresistible sweet treat – it’s worth making.
9. Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes
It’s time for some seriously delicious red velvet mini cupcakes topped with cream cheese frosting. These miniatures are made with margarine and milk to give them the perfect moist texture.
Once baked to perfection, a simple cream swirl is added to make them the ideal cosy bite-size snack for any time of day. Yum! Yum!
10. Mini Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cupcakes
If you can’t get enough peanut butter, try making these fantastic mini chocolate and cupcakes.
They’re so delicious; you’ll want to make 48 of them. Make sure you have plenty of mini peanut butter cups on hand – you will want to stay put.
11. Raspberry lemonade Mini Cupcakes
Need more time? No worries! You can use a white cake mix to make some delicious mini cupcakes.
Just add a few extra ingredients to make them even better, and then top them off with raspberry buttercream made with dried raspberries from Trader Joe’s.
And the best part? You’ll have some pretty cupcakes ready to go in no time.
12. Triple Banana Double Caramel Mini Cupcakes
Have you ever had a disappointing banana recipe? Probably not! And these flavorful banana mini cupcakes are no exception.
Made with butter, brown sugar, and sour cream and spiced with dark rum, they’re topped with a delicious caramel frosting and a crunchy banana chip. Everyone loves biting into these mini sweet treats.
13. Mini Sparkling Cider Cupcakes
If you’re feeling festive and have some leftover sparkling cider, why not make mini sparkling cider cupcakes? The frosting even has a boozy twist, making them perfect for Christmas or New Year’s Eve.
14. Mini Lemon Cupcakes
Are you a fan of lemon? Then you’re going to love these mini lemon cupcakes. They’re soft and fluffy with a delicious lemon flavour.
But that’s not all! On top of each one, there’s a layer of tangy lemon curd and a creamy lemon frosting. It’s like having a burst of sunshine in your mouth.
And if you’re feeling fancy, pair them with a sip of limoncello for an extra zesty experience.
15. Mini Carrot Cake Cupcakes
If you’re a carrot cake fan, you’ll love these mini carrot cake cupcakes. They’re not too sweet and have a hint of cinnamon spice. To make them even better, add some yummy buttercream frosting on top.
And if you want to make them look extra fancy, you can add Candied Carrot Topping as decoration.
16. Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes
These mini pumpkin cupcakes are perfect for fall parties or any day you want to enjoy a seasonal treat. The cupcakes are topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting with a hint of cinnamon.
You can get creative with the decorations by adding colourful sprinkles or Smarties. Give it a try.
17. Chocolate Mini Cupcakes
These tiny chocolate cupcakes are a beloved classic. They’re made with cocoa powder, a cheaper alternative to real dark chocolate, and taste delicious.
You can decorate them with white or chocolate buttercream or whipped chocolate frosting.
18. Dark Chocolate Mini Cupcakes
Treat yourself and your loved ones with these yummy chocolate, coffee, and caramel mini cupcakes. The perfect combination of ingredients creates a moist and tasty treat.
To make them even better, top them with a salted caramel frosting that will leave your guests craving more.
19. Mini Chai Latte Cupcakes
These mini chai latte cupcakes are unique and delicious. They are bite-sized and made with a powdered chai mix, which gives them an intense flavour.
The cupcakes are moist and topped with white chocolate and chai Italian meringue buttercream, making them a rare and delightful treat.
20. Mini Peanut Butter Oreo Chocolate Fudge Swirl Cupcakes
These mini cupcakes are a delicious mix of peanut butter, chocolate, and Oreo flavours you won’t miss. The fudgy base is extra moist thanks to an instant pudding mix and modified starch.
Once baked, these mini treats are topped with vanilla buttercream, Oreos, and caramel for a heavenly taste and stunning presentation.
21. Mini Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Get ready to satisfy your sweet tooth with these yummy mini chocolate chip cupcakes. First, make a classic vanilla cake batter and mix in some mini chocolate chips for extra flavour.
Once the cupcakes are baked, top them with a ready-made Pillsbury™ Filled Pastry Bag Chocolate Fudge frosting. Add a small ball of edible cookie dough on top for an even more decadent treat.
22. Mini Coconut Cupcakes with Blueberries
These mini blueberry cupcakes are not only tasty but also a healthy snack option. The recipe includes coconut oil and a plant-based milk alternative.
The cupcakes are baked with enough blueberries to keep them moist and delicious. The final touch is a buttercream frosting with a sprinkle of coconut chips.
23. Rose Champagne Mini Cupcakes
These mini cupcakes are perfect for a party, especially during the holiday season. They’re made with rosé champagne in the cake batter and buttercream frosting, giving them a festive touch.
Don’t forget to save this recipe for your next celebration.
24. Mini Maple Walnut Cupcakes
This recipe is perfect for a big birthday party. It’s made to serve a lot of people. The cupcakes have a unique flavour with a bit of ginger spice and maple syrup sweetness.
And they’re topped with crunchy candied walnuts. You can use other candied nuts to make them even more fun.
25. Mini Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
Make your Valentine’s Day sweeter with these adorable chocolate-covered mini cupcakes.
Each bite-sized cake is topped with luscious strawberry buttercream and then dipped in melted dark chocolate, making them a perfect treat to enjoy with your loved one.
26. Mini Funfetti Cupcakes
Upgrade your classic vanilla mini cupcakes to their festive cousins with colourful rainbow jimmies sprinkles, which make for delightfully fun treats. Short on time for a birthday cake?
These mini cupcakes are a great way to celebrate your special day.
27. Mini Creme Brulee Cupcakes
These mini cupcakes are filled with a sweet surprise – creme brulee. It’s a unique and delicious treat that will make your guests smile. Just be warned, they’ll be gone in no time.
28. Healthy Mini Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
It’s time to try out some healthy mini cupcakes that use whole wheat flour, nonfat dairy, and alternatives to refined sugar. And don’t forget to add cream of tartar – it’s essential for that authentic snickerdoodle taste and flavour.
29. Healthy Mini Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Want a healthier option for classic mini carrot cake cupcakes? This recipe uses nonfat ingredients, whole wheat flour, coconut oil, and sugar substitutes to create a delicious and nutritious treat.
Don’t worry; the warming spice flavour is still there.
30. Vegan Double Chocolate Mini Cupcakes
These vegan mini chocolate cupcakes are a great healthy alternative. They’re made with wholesome ingredients like wheat flour substitutes, coconut sugar, plant-based milk, and coconut oil.
They’re topped with avocado chocolate frosting, making them even more delicious.
31. Mini Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcakes
These mini vanilla cupcakes are made with gluten-free flour, so they are perfect for those who can’t have gluten. They’re topped with a smooth and creamy vanilla buttercream that makes them simply delicious.
32. Dairy-Free Mini Banana Cupcakes
Here’s a delicious mini cupcake recipe with a unique ingredient blend. It includes sour, tangy unbleached all-purpose flour and mashed banana, which makes it moist and flavorful.
The frosting is made with plant-based butter and vegetable shortening, giving it a rich chocolate taste.
33. Weight Watchers Mini Chocolate Cupcakes
Here’s a recipe for mini cupcakes that combine tasty flavours like chocolate, peanut butter, banana, and vanilla. It’s a Weight Watchers recipe, so if you’re counting points, check out the recipe and calculate them.
Things to Keep in Mind While Making Mini Cupcakes
- Adjust baking time: Mini cupcakes bake much faster than regular-sized cupcakes, so adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Use the right pan: Use a mini cupcake pan that is designed for mini cupcakes. These pans typically have smaller cavities than regular cupcake pans.
- Use liners: Use paper or silicone liners to prevent the cupcakes from sticking to the pan and to make them easier to remove.
- Don’t overfill: Fill the cavities of the pan only about two-thirds full to prevent overflow and ensure even baking.
- Use a small scoop: Use a small cookie scoop or spoon to distribute the batter into the mini cupcake liners evenly.
- Let them cool: Allow the mini cupcakes to cool completely before frosting or decorating.
- Experiment with flavors: Mini cupcakes are great for experimenting with different flavor combinations and toppings.
- Store properly: Store the mini cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days, or freeze them for longer storage.
How Long to Bake Mini Cupcakes?
The baking time for mini cupcakes can vary depending on the recipe and the oven temperature. In general, mini cupcakes take around 10-12 minutes to bake at 350°F (175°C).
However, it’s important to keep an eye on them and check with a toothpick to ensure they are fully cooked before removing them from the oven.
Overbaking can cause the mini cupcakes to dry out, so it’s better to err on the side of caution and check them frequently.
In conclusion, mini cupcakes are a cute and easy-to-make treat that can be made in various flavors and styles. Mini cupcakes are a versatile and delicious treat that can be enjoyed in a variety of flavors and dietary options. Whether you’re looking for something healthy or indulgent, there’s a mini cupcake recipe out there for everyone to enjoy.
We have provided a recipe collection for making simple mini cupcakes, which require only an hour to make a dozen. We have included 33 mini cupcake ideas with different flavors and toppings, such as vanilla, chocolate, Oreo, mojito, red velvet, and banana cupcakes.
Some of the mini cupcakes are decorated with frosting and toppings, such as raspberry buttercream, caramel frosting, lemon curd, or a cherry. It is essential to learn baking basics and how to keep them moist, to ensure the cupcakes turn out perfectly. Overall, mini cupcakes are a delicious and fun way to celebrate any occasion or satisfy a sweet tooth.